How Do I Request A ‘No Record of Marriage’ Statement?


If you are planning to marry outside of the U.S.A., the foreign jurisdiction may require you to provide an ‘Affidavit of Eligibility to Marry.’  You may execute such an affidavit at a U.S. embassy or consulate.  For additional information on marriage requirements for the jurisdiction that you plan to marry, or the location of the U.S. embassy or consulate, visit the U.S. Department of State website at


If you are a Connecticut resident, you may also request a ‘No Record of Marriage Statement’ from the State Vital Records Office. Complete the  Application to Request a ‘No Record of Marriage Statement’  and mail it or submit it in person to the State Vital Records Office. You must also provide a valid Connecticut Driver’s License or Connecticut Non-Driver ID card with your request, along with a $20 fee.


Marriage and Civil Union Certificates  How to Obtain a Vital Record  Apostille Seal  Contact Us