DEEP is continuing to carry out its mission and provide services while keeping both the public and our workforce safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. Click here for the latest updates on DEEP's response to COVID-19. DEEP COVID-19 Response

Hunting and Trapping Applications and Forms

At this time, DEEP offices are closed to the public, as well as town halls and many retail agents. Sportsmen and women are able to purchase licenses, permits, and stamps online 24/7 through Connecticut's Online Sportsmen Licensing System. If you do not have a way to print your license after purchase, you can display your license on a mobile device (be sure to have it with you while out in the field). 

Other Wildlife and Hunting Related Publications and Forms: Deer and Turkey Program Summaries, Habitat and Wildlife Fact Sheets, Habitat Management publications, and more.

Private Land Consent Form Consent form needed when hunting deer or turkeys on private land.

  • All hunters are required to have landowner permission when hunting on private land.
  • Private land deer and turkey hunters must carry this private land consent form, signed and dated for the current season. This is required for both archery and firearms hunters.
  • You may have a landowner sign a dated consent form before you purchase your license and permits, but you must purchase all required licenses and permits before you hunt.
  • Landowners who allow, without fee, the recreational use of their property are protected from liability by Connecticut law (C.G.S. 52-557g).
  • Properties must be at least 10 acres in size for rifle or revolver use to be authorized.
  • Landowners must designate calendar year, seasons, and choice of hunting implements.
  • Where baiting of deer is permitted, it is strongly recommended that individuals consult with landowners prior to placing bait.
  • Photocopies of this form may be used, but to be valid, must have original signatures and dates.

Trappers - must obtain, and have in possession, the written permission of the landowner when trapping on their land. WRITTEN PERMISSION MUST BE RENEWED ANNUALLY. NEW! Trappers have the option to use an official DEEP form to obtain written permission.

2020 Deer/Turkey Harvest Tags 2020 Harvest Tags and instructions for tagging and reporting deer and turkeys.

Application for Deer Crop Damage Permits (Word Form / PDF): For commercial agriculturalists to obtain crop damage permits for reducing damage caused by deer when the firearms deer hunting seasons are closed.

Crop Damage Harvest Tags Harvest Tags and instructions for tagging and reporting deer harvested with crop damage permits.

Permit Application for State Land Trapping (Word Form / PDF): Application for trappers to obtain a trapping permit on selected state-owned land.

Links to all DEEP Licenses and Permits

Content last updated March 26, 2020.