State Police Headquarters Modified Services/Hours
  • Announcement for New Pistol Permit Applicants Only - 5/26/2021
  • Effective June 15, 2020, DESPP-HQ Fingerprint Identification Unit will re-open for in person fingerprinting requestsby appointment only. - 6/5/2020
  • Effective June 15, 2020, DESPP-HQ Reports and Records will re-open for in person requestsby appointment only. For information or to schedule your appointment please click HERE - 6/5/2020
  • At this time, pistol permit renewals will continue to be done by mail only.
  • Fingerprinting Limitations and License Expiration/Renewal extensions; view documentHERE- 4/30/2020
  • Suspension of requirements for unarmed security guards from other states; view documentHERE- 4/30/2020
  • Still regular business hours for Sex Offender Registry and Deadly Weapons Offender Registry- 4/30/2020
  • No service for guard cards (see Governor Lamont’s Executive Order changes to licensing requirements HERE )- 4/30/2020
  • Individuals will be asked to wait outside until called into the building- 4/30/2020

Connecticut State Police Patch STATE OF CONNECTICUT
Department of Public Safety
1111 Country Club Road
Middletown, Connecticut 06457
May 2, 2011
State Police Investigate Waterbury Untimely Death

On 05/01/11 at approximately 0500 hrs. State Police Detectives from Western District Major Crime were dispatched to St. Mary’s Hospital 56 Franklin St. in Waterbury to investigate the untimely death of Marcus Brown, d.o.b 11/22/8,4 of 32 Hill St. in Waterbury. 

Brown walked into the St. Mary’s Hospital Emergency Room and was acting irrational and became belligerent.  Hospital Staff requested assistance from Waterbury Police.  Waterbury Officers responded to the emergency room.  Brown was taken into custody by Waterbury Officers who secured him in their cruiser.  Brown continued to damage the cruiser he was kicking the left side rear door and attempting to cause damage to the cruiser windows. Brown refused to comply with the officers orders causing the officer to utilize his department issued Taser Unit.

Soon thereafter, while still at St. Mary’s Hospital, Waterbury Officers determined that Brown was in medical distress and immediately notified hospital staff.  Brown was brought back inside the hospital emergency room where he received emergency care but was later pronounced dead. 

At the request of Waterbury Police Chief Gugliotti and acting Waterbury State’s attorney Len Boyle, the State Police Western District Major Crime Squad is conducting the investigation into this incident. 

On 05/02/11 a post mortem examination was conducted by the Office of the Chief state’s Medical Examiner.  The medical examiner’s investigation remains active pending further studies.

The investigation is continuing.


Lt. J. Paul Vance