FAQs for Retired Teachers

Do I have a Connecticut state tax obligation as a CTRB retiree?

If you are a resident of the State of Connecticut, your benefit is subject to State of Connecticut income tax. If you change your residence to another state, your Connecticut withholding will not stop automatically. You must notify this office in writing of any changes to your withholding amount by completing CTRB's Connecticut Tax Withholding Change Form CT-W4P. At this time, CTRB is unable to withhold state taxes for any other state. If you are a non-resident or plan to become one, you should contact the Department of Revenue Services at 1-800-382-9463 (CT toll-free) or 1-860-297-5962 or visit their website at: www.ct.gov/drs for further information.