Set up Administrator Profile
Get Started - Set up your account in the TSC:
Before you begin you will need to determine who the TSC Administrator for your business will be. The TSC Administrator has the ability to create other users to access the account and assign rights to these users. This is important if your business would like more than one person to be able to access the TSC in order to file, pay or view information.
- Go to https://drsbustax.ct.gov/AUT/welcomebusiness.aspx
- Enter your CT Tax Registration Number (CT REG). Remember, the last three-digits of your CT REG are the location number. If you file tax returns under different location numbers, you need to establish a profile for each one. (000, 001, etc.)
- Check the box to indicate that you are the TSC Administrator for your business. If the TSC asks for a User ID and Password that means then there is already an Administrator profile established for this registration number. If an Administrator is already set up on the TSC and you need to find out who that is, you can call DRS during regular business hours for assistance. If you need to change the TSC Administrator in the future, go to the instructions on Changing the TSC Administrator.
- Select and answer a shared secret, then press "next". The shared secret is your pre-assigned PIN or, in some cases, you will be able to provide tax information from a previously filed return. If you do not know your pre-assigned PIN and are not given the option (or you are not able) to provide tax information, call DRS during regular business hours to request a PIN.
- Create your profile. Be sure to write down your User ID and Password. You will need to enter these each time you login to the TSC-BUS.
- Choose and answer two password hint questions. If you forget your password in the future, you will be able to get into the TSC by answering the questions.
- You're done with the login process! select NEXT, and continue. (From now on when you login, you will need your CT REG, your User ID and Password)