We are currently experiencing issues with our voicemail system. If you are unable to leave a message, we recommend sending an email to the appropriate division/person. You can view the complete list. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Certified Public Accountants

The Department of Consumer Protection will no longer issue CPA wall certificates. A wall certificate can be obtained by contacting NASBA at www.nasbastore.org after approval of your certification.  All questions regarding wall certificates should be directed to NASBA at 1-888-925-5237.  

Applications, Requirements and Forms
  • Firm Permits: To apply for an initial in-state or out-of-state firm permit, reinstate an expired permit, report a name change and terminate an old firm.

Select This Link to verify a registration/license status

Related Links

Fee Schedule

Laws & Regulations*

*The regulations regarding Certified Public Accountants (CPAs) have been revised. Provisions already in statute have been removed. Also, Connecticut’s regulations are now more consistent with the Model Rules of the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy.

The main substantive changes to the regulations have to do with continuing professional education (CPE). CPAs may now record credits in fractions as small as one-sixth (10-minute) increments, and may earn credits via interactive self-study programs.

Frequently Asked Questions and Resources
For Consumers