We are currently experiencing issues with our voicemail system. If you are unable to leave a message, we recommend sending an email to the appropriate division/person. You can view the complete list. We apologize for any inconvenience.


Fireworks are not allowed by law in Connecticut for use by non-professional, non-licensed users. Sparklers and fountains, which technically are not considered fireworks, may be sold, but may not legally be sold to, or used by persons younger than 16.

The State Fire Marshal issues permits for supervised displays of fireworks.  The Office of the State Fire Marshal is located within the Department of Construction Services. 

The Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection licenses fireworks displays, special effects, fireworks and special effects shooters, and fireworks distributors and manufacturers.

For usage complaints, please contact your local police department or the The Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection

Phone: (860) 685-8460