We are currently experiencing issues with our voicemail system. If you are unable to leave a message, we recommend sending an email to the appropriate division/person. You can view the complete list. We apologize for any inconvenience.


Electricians must be licensed by the Department of Consumer Protection in order to perform electrical work.  DCP licenses individuals, but not the electrical company. 

There are limited and unlimited licenses in the category. In general, licenses with odd numbers are contractors, such as: E-1, L-3, and L-5. Licenses with even numbers are journeymen/employees, such as: E-2, L-2, L-6.


Only contractors can obtain permits and sign contracts.Journeymen and apprentices cannot work directly for consumers, unless employed by, or employing a licensed contractor of record.

For more licensing information, visit the Electricians' Licensing page or contact Occupational and Professional Licensing Division at DCP.OccupationalProfessional@ct.gov .