Drug Control Division
Licenses, Registrations, Permits, etc. - Find all of the types of Licenses, Registration, Permits that are a part of the Drug Control Division and more.
Commission of Pharmacy - Find meeting minutes, members and other pharmacy related information and more.
Pharmacy Complaints - Learn how to file a complaint about a pharmacy.
Preventing Prescription/Medication Errors - Find tips for protecting yourself against prescription/medication errors.
Prescription Monitoring Program - Find information about the Connecticut Prescription Monitoring and Reporting System and more.
Medical Marijuana Program - Registration, practitioners information, qualifying conditions, frequently asked questions and more.
Registrant Resources and Guidance Documents - Find documents that may be help for different disciplines regulated by the Drug Control Division.
Law Enforcement Resources - Find general information about medication, charges and more.
Statutes and Regulations - Find law information regarding the laws that pertain to the Drug Control Division.Certificate of Free Sale - Click here for the certificate of free sale documents required by the Drug Control Division.
Latest News/Quick Resource
New: Controlled Substance Prescribing Guidance
New: Return of Prescription Drugs to Pharmacies
New:Epinephrine in Authorized Entities
Updated:Suspicious Order Monitoring
New: Naloxone at Higher Education
New: Designated Pharmacist Requirements for Sterile Pharmaceutical Preparation
Electronic Prescribing of Controlled Substances
K2 and Spice: The Danger of Synthetic Cannabinoids
- Public Act 19-191
An Act Addressing Opioid Use
- Section 1: Pharmacist Counseling
- Section 3: Pharmacy Technician Delegate in the Connecticut Prescription Monitoring and Reporting System
- Section 4: Suspicious Order Monitoring
- Section 6: Pain Agreements/Care Plan for Treatment of Pain with Opioids for Greater than 12 weeks
- Section 7: Naloxone at Institutions of Higher Education
- Public Act 19-19 An Act Concerning Epinephrine Auto Injectors (Effective From Passage)
- Public Act 19-177 An Act Making Changes to Department of Consumer Protection Enforcement Statutes
- Section 28: Sterile Compounding
- Section 29: Pharmacy to report legal action commenced by federal or state agency
- Section 30: Classification of Connecticut Controlled Substances
- Section 31: Marijuana Products Schedule Changes
- Public Act 19-98 An Act Concerning the Scope of Practice of Advanced Practice Registered Nurses
- Section 22 and 23: Advanced practice registered nurses and collaborative drug therapy management
- Public Act 19-38 An Act Concerning Increasing the Penalties for Sale of Fentanyl
- Public Act 19-13 An Act Concerning the Sale of Cigarettes, Tobacco Products, Electronic Nicotine Delivery Systems and Vapor Products to Persons Under Age Twenty-One
- Public Act 18-166 (Effective 7/1/2018)
- Section 2: Self and Family Prescribing of Controlled Substances Limitation
- Section 3: Naloxone Distribution Agreements
- Public Act 18-148 (Effective 7/1/18)
- Section 1: Telehealth - expansion to add controlled substances for a psychiatric disability or substance use disorder
- Section 2: Prevents practitioners using telehealth from receiving a waiver from electronic prescribing of controlled substances
- Public Act 18-74 (Effective 10/1/2018) - Biologic products
- Public Act 18-16 (Effective 1/1/19)
- Section 1: Penalty per violation of the chapter
- Section 2: Fees for filing changes for Non-Resident Pharmacies
- Section 3: Suspicious order reporting for Manufacturers and Wholesalers
- Section 4: Annually controlled substance inventory
- Section 5: Perpetual inventory for Schedule II medications with monthly reconciliation
- Section 6: Sterile compounding
- Public Act 17-131 An Act Preventing Prescription Opioid Diversion and Abuse
- Section 1: Data Sharing
- Section 2: Drug destruction
- Section 3: Electronic Prescribing of Controlled Substances
- Section 4: Voluntary nonopioid directive form
- Section 5: Prescribing of Opioids update
- Section 6: Medication assisted treatment
- Section 12: Naloxone standing order
- Public Act No. 16-43 An Act Concerning Opioids and Access to Overdose Reversal Drugs.
- Section 1: Naloxone prescribing, dispensing and administration update
- Section 7: Prescribing of Opioids (7 day limit)
- Section 8: Agent of the prescriber (Prescription Monitoring Program)
- Section 9: Prescription Monitoring Program (daily reporting, veterinary uploads, agent of the prescriber)
- Manufacturer APRN Expenditure Reporting
Brochure: Medication Drop-Box Program
HYDROCODONE MOVES TO SCHEDULE II
Prescriptions issued before October 6, 2014: October 6, 2014/April 8, 2015 : Any prescriptions for HCPs that are issued before October 6, 2014, and authorized for refilling, may be dispensed in accordance with 21 CFR 1306.22-1306.23, 1306.25, and 1306.27, if such dispensing occurs before April 8, 2015.
Prescriptions issued on or after October 6, 2014 : October 6: 2014 : No prescription for HCPs issued on or after October 6, 2014 shall authorize any refills.
Source: Federal Register
Authority: 21 U.S.C. 829(a); 21 CFR part 1306 and subpart C of 21 CFR part 1311.