The State Contracting Portal is a single Internet website that hosts all contracting opportunities by Connecticut state agencies.
There is a myth about a “list” that your business must be on in order to receive business. This simply is not true.
- Agencies sometimes refer to a contract award as an “approved vendor list” because agencies are required to make their purchases from vendors on current state contracts. This can be misleading.
- You must participate in the competitive solicitation process and be awarded a state contract to sell to the state.
- Once your company has submitted a bid or a proposal in response to a solicitation found on the State Contracting portal and has been awarded a state contract, then your company can sell the specified goods or services to state agencies throughout the term of the contract.
- Bids are awarded to the lowest, qualified and responsible bidder.
- Requests for Proposals (RFPs) are awarded to the most advantageous proposer based on evaluation criteria contained within the RFP.