How were the 2016 State Building Code and 2016 State Fire Safety Code adopted?
The Department of Administrative Services, Office of the State Building Inspector, in conjunction with the Codes & Standards Committee, announced its intent to adopt a new State Building Code to be titled the 2016 Connecticut State Building Code.
The Final Draft of the 2016 CT State Building Code and the Final Draft of the 2016 CT Fire Safety Code were published for public review.
In accordance with the requirements of Public Act 16-215, the agency accepted comments from the public for a period of forty-five (45) days, beginning June 21, 2016 through the close of business August 5, 2016.
- August 15, 2016: Public Comments on Final Draft of the CT State Building Code
- August 15, 2016: Public Comments on the Final Draft of the CT Fire Safety Code
A Public Hearing was held by the agency in conjunction with the Codes & Standards Committee on July 13, 2016.
- SBC Fiscal Note for the 2016 State Building Code.
- SBC Flexibility Analysis for the 2016 State Building Code.
- SFSC Fiscal Note for the 2016 State Fire Safety Code.
- SFSC Flexibility Analysis for the 2016 State Fire Safety Code.
Where Can I Find the Code Books?
Copies of the International Code Council, Inc. and National Fire Protection Association, Inc. Code Books that comprise the 2005 State Building Code may be obtained from the following sources:
International Code Council, Inc.
4051 West Flossmoor Road
Country Club Hills, IL 60478-5795
Telephone: (888) 422-7233
National Fire Protection Association
Quincy, MA 02269
Telephone: (800) 344-3555
The following organizations also sell code books to members and non-members:
Connecticut Building Officials Association, Inc.
c/o Peter Zvingilas
Telephone: (860) 376-3867
American Institute of Architects, Connecticut Chapter
370 James Street, Suite 402
New Haven, CT 06513
Telephone: (203) 865-2195